Having a daughter is fun! There are so many girly things you can do together. Here is a list of 12 things we have found that mothers of daughters can relate to whilst raising girls.
- One outfit a day is never enough! Yep the day requires an array of at least 3-4 outfit changes!
- Handbags and purses – a girl can never have too many!
- Girls love the colour pink. There are so many shades of pink...who knew!! Up until about the age of 8 years old pink is the favourite colour choice for most girls. Then purple seems to be a new favourite!
- Painting nails is something girls enjoy doing together, or on their own.
- Girls love to do their own make up. To begin with they may look more like something from a scary movie with eye shadow that is way too dark, blush that is ALL over their face and lipstick that, well, isn't only on their lips!
- You can go shopping together. Mother and Daughter shopping trips can be so much fun!
- Girls love having a tea party. It may start as a tea party with their dolls and teddy bears, then lead to fancy high tea outings.
- Having a girl means you get to watch movies such as Frozen – over and OVER again!!
- With girls the words pink, pretty, kind, princess, lovely, girly, beautiful are often used .We aim to empower our daughter and also use words such as: courageous, strong, compassionate, loving.
- A girl can never have too much sparkle. Headbands, shoes, handbags, hats…all sparkly!
- You can 'do' each others hair! Did you love doing this as a child? I know I did. Not only can you try various styles in your daughters hair, she can also style your hair.
- Girls love using their mums stuff. Make up, clothes, shoes, jewellery etc.
Do you find this is your experience of raising a girl? What would you add to this list?